Word of Advice!

Often times I believe many of us sacrifice our own happiness for the sake of others, and while I am all for making other people happy, I am also a firm believer in doing what makes you happy. Prestige, status, and wealth are not everything to look at when selecting a life career. It is about combining a passion or interest you may have and using that to see what kinds of careers align with it.

I have been a people pleaser practically my entire life and I truthfully forget to consider my own needs and desires. Happiness within yourself is what matters the most. Being excited to go to work every day in a field that you love is what makes it all worthwhile. I am actually re-evaluating my life decisions in terms of my own happiness now because I believe my heart is not where it needs to be.

When you are passionate about what you do and it actually shines through, there will be so many opportunities for growth. Of course, things like the job outlook and reality are also very important to consider, but I think at the end of the day, only you can decide what is best for you because no one else is living your life, except you.

5 thoughts on “Word of Advice!

1. Preach Priyanka! I can relate, once you are able to put yourself first and do things to make you happy, life becomes way better.