My Experience with Counseling!

Hi everyone,

I recently began using the counseling services on campus and it is absolutely an amazing resource! At first, I was a bit hesitant to begin counseling because I had never done it before so I wasn’t quite sure what to expect, but everyone is so friendly and supportive. I was first introduced to it by my success coach at the Stockton campus who told me it is a wonderful resource to use for students who feel the need to talk about school, family, friends, and other personal problems they would like to share.

I, personally, was feeling overwhelmed with starting nursing school, moving to a new city, making new friends, and letting go of an unhealthy relationship. My first counseling session was really helpful because I got to talk about all of these things going on in my life and my counselor was an amazing listener who not only took the time to really listen to me, but also to offer valuable advice, feedback, and helpful handouts for my own knowledge. I gained a lot of perspective through counseling and it was a great way for me to truly self-reflect and gain more insight. I would highly recommend going to the psychological counseling office on campus and calling to make an appointment if you are ever feeling overwhelmed, lonely, or even just want someone to talk to. It is a free service that is offered for CSU Stanislaus students, and I would definitely take advantage of this opportunity.

Their office is located in the Student Services Annex building (SSX1.1), and you can either go to the front desk to make an appointment or call at (209) 667-3381. Feel free to visit their website for more information: https://www.csustan.edu/counseling

2 thoughts on “My Experience with Counseling!

1. I’m so glad you reached out to a resource when you knew you needed help. Stan State has a lot of support services for students, including basic needs. I hope this starts you on a path to wellness.

2. Yes! I love knowing you have taken the initiative to see counseling support services at Stan! That’s honestly so empowering. Mental health is everything and it really is on us to sustain it. I’m glad the counseling center has been a positive resource and thank you for sharing :)!